How to Play Three Card Poker
Player must place a wager on the Ante box (minimum $5.)
Pair Plus wager is optional (minimum $5.)
After Ante (and optional Pair Plus) wager is made, three cards are dealt to each player. Player will look at all three cards.
- If the player likes their hand, they will match the Ante wager by placing the equal amount in the box.
- If the player dislikes their cards, they may choose to fold, and the Ante and Pair Plus is lost.
How players win:
- If the players’ hand beats the Designated Players’ hand they win
- EVEN MONEY on the Ante wager and Bet wager.
- PAIR PLUS is paid odds if the hand beats the Designated Player on qualifying hands. If the players’ hand ties or does not beat the Designated Players’ hand it will be a push on the Pair Plus.
Pair Plus Pays:
- Mini Royal Flush…… 100 to 1
- Straight Flush……. 50 to 1
- Three-of-a-Kind……30 to 1
- Straight…… 6 to 1
- Flush…… 4 to 1
- Pair…… 1 to 1
- Ante & Play Bet…… 1 to 1
Three Card Poker Rules
- Management’s decision is final.
Orange City Racing and Card Club has zero tolerance for verbal abuse, disruptive behavior, or vulgarity.
- A cardroom operator who has reasonable cause to believe that a player has acted or is acting in an unethical manner, may require the player to leave the game or facility.
- A dealer button will be positioned in front of the Designated Player and will move when there are multipliable Designated Players.
- Each player must bet “ante.” “Pair Plus” is optional.
- Largest denomination will be placed on bottom of a multi denomination bet.
- All hands will be dealt clockwise, from left to right.
- Players are not allowed to touch the cards until they are pushed towards them by the dealer.
- Players will be allowed to play up to two hands, but their second hand must be played in the blind.
- One player to a hand. A player may not seek advice as to the play of their hand.
- Players’ cards must remain in plain view of the Dealer and other players and remain over the table at all times. Players who walk away from the table without acting on their hand will be considered a folded hand.
- Any discrepancy in number of cards dealt to a player and/or the shuffle machine blinks red, it will be considered a dead hand and all cards will be pulled in immediately without the players being allowed to look at their hand.
- Rake will be taken from the Designated Player’s Bank accordingly depending on total amount of wagers placed. (See rake chart posted on table).
- Chips in well are to be used for buy-ins, color ups, or cheque changing. Players must have sufficient money/ chips to complete all wagers of their current hand.
- The Designated Player will be standing near or seated at the three card poker table when hands are dealt.
- Dealer must have a Q high to qualify for BET wager placed by player.
- All payouts will be paid by the Designated Player.
- All losing bets will be awarded to the Designated Player.
- Players will get paid on Pair Plus Bet according to the posted payout structure if the hand has a pair or better. If the dealers’ hand is higher than the players’ hand, they push on the pair plus. The player must beat the dealer in order to get paid on the pair plus bet.
- The “pair plus” payouts are listed on the layout.
- The English only rule will be enforced while a hand is in progress whether players have cards or not. This includes sign language.
- The poker room is not responsible for player’s chips left unattended or on the table.
- Cash does not play.
- Players may not enter a game after the last two hands have been called at closing.
- The games’ betting limit or type will not be changed unless approved by management.
- There will be no objects allowed on the table other than chips and cards.
- Players may leave their seat for a maximum of 10 minutes and must inform a Dealer or floor person. Management reserves the right to remove the player’s chips and open the seat to waiting players.
- Players will be called into the game when there is a waiting list. If there is no list and open seats a player can sit down to play. The house reserves the right to limit players to one hand.
- The house reserves the right to require that any two players not play in the same game.
- No smoking, chewing tobacco, or electronic cigarettes are allowed in the poker room.
- No credit will be extended by the House.
- No side bets permitted in the House. A side bet is any bet made between players on anything other than poker. This includes sports bets, buying another player’s high hand, betting on the next card to come out, betting who will win the hand, etc. This rule also applies to any form of online gaming whether for real or play money.
- Cell phones are not permitted on the table surface or in a cup holder, but are allowed on the rail. Cell phone communication is not permitted while a player is in a live hand (This includes surfing the web, texting, and changing music). Players may not use device to access any type of online gaming whether for real or play money. (This includes poker, slots, blackjack, bingo, sports bets, etc.)
- IPods, MP3 players, tablets, and laptops are permitted, but must remain off the table. If the electronic devices become a distraction and deters from the play on the table, the player may be asked to discontinue use while playing. Players may not use device to access any type of online gaming whether for real or play money. (This includes poker, slots, blackjack, bingo, sports bets, etc.)
- If a player wishes to contest the results of completed hand, they must do so prior to start of the next hand. The first riffle of the shuffle marks the start of the next hand. If an automatic shuffler is used, the hand begins when the green button is pushed.
- Three Card Poker is not Jackpot eligible.
- Photos or electronic recordings are not to be taken in the Poker Room unless authorized by management.
- Must be18 years of age or older to play and have a valid US identification to enter the Poker Room.
- Hoodies are allowed to be worn while playing at a table, but must be taken down when away from the table.
- Shoes must be worn at all times while in the Poker Room. No offensive attire is allowed in the Poker Room.
- No firearms or weapons are permitted in the Poker Room.
- No loitering in the Poker Room.
The Designated Player Requirements:
Must provide $30,000 per table for initial operational start up and maintain $30,000 in play per hand.
See designated player Rules in poker room.
Per Florida Regulation 61D-11.002(5)(b): In 3-Card Poker, Ultimate Texas Holdem,Fortune Pai Gow, and One Card Poker the dealer button will rotate around the table in a clockwise fashion on a hand by hand basis to provide each player desiring to the designated player an equal opportunity to participate as the designated player.
- Per Florida Regulation 61D-11.002(5)(c): In 3-Card Poker, Ultimate Texas Holdem,2 Card Poker, and One Card Poker, the room does not require the designated player to cover all potential wagers.
Last Updated 7/14/2017 – Please see host for current rules and listing. The rules listed at the host will always be the most current and up to date version of these rules.