OUR NEWEST WAGER FROM DAYTONA
Starting Saturday July 1st, 2017
Win the Big Q in Race 12*
Get an Exchange for Race 13*
*Wagers are for Daytona Racing and Card Club Greyhounds
BIG Q RULES
(1) The “Big Q” is a form of pari-mutuel wagering in which the bettor selects the first two greyhounds to finish in two consecutive races. Pari-mutuel wagering tickets are to be sold upon the first race of the two races only. The division of the pool shall be calculated as in a win pool, subject to the provisions of these rules to the contrary.
(2) A commission authorized by law is deducted from the sum total wagered in the Big Q pool. The balance is called the “net pool.”
(3) Each bettor purchasing Big Q tickets shall designate his two selections as the first two greyhounds to finish the first race of the two races.
(4) After the official declaration of the first two greyhounds to finish the first of the Big Q races, each bettor holding a ticket combining the said two greyhounds to finish, must prior to the running of the second race, exchange such winning ticket for a Big Q exchange ticket and at such time the said holder shall select the first two greyhounds to finish in the second race of the Big Q. No further money shall be required of the holder of the ticket in order to make the exchange.
(5) No Big Q exchange ticket upon the second race shall be issued except upon the surrender of the Big Q ticket from the first race as described in these rules. The Big Q pool obtained from the sales of Big Q tickets upon the first race shall be held subject to these rules, and divided among the winning tickets of the Big Q exchange tickets, subject to these rules to the contrary. Big Q windows shall be open for the purpose of making the exchange as described only after the first race has been declared official and such windows shall close at official post time at the start of the second race of the Big Q races.
(6) If a winning Big Q ticket from the first race is not presented for exchange within the time provided, the bettor forfeits all rights to any distribution or refund.
(7) If a greyhound is scratched in the first race of the Big Q races, all Big Q tickets on the scratched greyhound will be refunded.
(8) If a greyhound is scratched in the second race of the Big Q, all exchange tickets combining the scratched greyhound shall be refunded. If a greyhound is scratched in the second race of the Big Q races, public address announcements will be made and reasonable time will be given for exchange of tickets on the scratched dog.
(9) If no Big Q ticket is sold as a winning combination in the first race of the Big Q, the Big Q pool shall be divided among those having tickets including the greyhound finishing first or second and such distributions shall be calculated and made as a place pool. In such an instance the Big Q race shall end and the pool be closed for the day.
(10) If a Big Q exchange ticket combines only one of the two winners and no Big Q exchange ticket combines the other winner, the entire pool shall be distributed as a win pool to the holders of those tickets.
(11) If no exchange ticket includes either the first or second greyhound of the second half of the Big Q, the entire net pool shall be distributed as a win pool to all holders of exchange tickets.
(12) In the event of a dead heat for place in the first race of the Big Q races, all Big Q tickets combining the first greyhound and either of the place greyhounds shall be eligible for exchange for Big Q exchange tickets.
(13) In the event of a dead heat for place in the second race of the Big Q races, the Big Q pool shall be divided, calculated, and distributed as a place pool to the holders of Big Q exchange tickets combining the first greyhound and either of the place greyhounds. In the event of the dead heat to place, and there are no tickets sold on one combination, then the other combination having winning greyhounds shall be declared the winner.
(14) If no exchange tickets combine the winning greyhound with either of the greyhounds in the dead heat for place, the net Big Q pool shall be paid to holders of tickets including any of the three win/place greyhounds as in a win, place, or show pool. However, if any tickets combine both of the greyhounds in the dead heat for place, the net pool shall be paid to holders of such tickets.
(15) If for any reason the first race of the Big Q races is canceled or declared a “No Race”, a full and complete refund shall be made from the Big Q pool.
(16) If for any reason the second of the Big Q races is canceled or declared a “No Race,” the pool shall be calculated as a win pool and shall be distributed among the holders of tickets combining the first two greyhounds of the first race of the Big Q otherwise eligible for Big Q exchange tickets and also distributed to holders of the Big Q exchange tickets.
(17) If there is a dead heat for the winning greyhounds in either of the two consecutive races for the Big Q, such calculation of distribution of the Big Q pool shall be made in the manner in which any ordinary quiniela pool would be made should there be a dead heat for the win despite the number of greyhounds involved in the dead heat.